Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Formerly Known As

My former blog started out with the rantings of taking care of two foster children. Now, one of them is my 5 year old son. I also wrote of fertility struggles but I finally had a baby. He’s going to turn 2 on July 21.

So why blog again? With the new world of facebook, twitter, and all that other crap, pretty much everyone knows where I am and when. Or at least sees a profile pic of it.

But oh yes, I’m so crazy that I’ve decided to embark on the journey of domestic adoption or rather foster adoption. Though this time we’re hoping to skip the foster part and go right to a legally free child/children. Yes, I’m hoping for my daughter but something inside me says I’ll end up with another boy.

Anywho, here we are. Yes, I’m still saying “anywho”. I’ll try not to use it too much this time around. Anywho, we finished up our training here in Massachusetts. It was like pulling teeth with Mary as most things are lately. We’re not exactly on the same page. She’s going on sabbatical and I’m adopting a child but whatever, at some point I’m hoping we will meet in the middle.

Last week we had our final meeting with our social worker. Now, we wait for a completed homestudy and then hopefully a call about a baby girl…maybe, just maybe, hoping and waiting…

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're back again! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete